Saturday, May 14, 2011

Speed limits in Mauritius

Some weeks back I was driving to a village in the north.  My mom was sitting in front with me and she always warns me about the speed limits.  At one point in time, I decided to really respect the speed limits.

Can you imagine driving at 40km/hr or 30km/hr???  Gosh, despite I was driving and as a responsible driver I must be concentrated on the road, I could do some sight seeing.... I agree that speed limits are very important for security reasons. In a place where there are inhabitants...and pets for that matter, I agree to drive slowly than usual but imagine a road with sugar cane fields as far as you can see and you have to drive at 40 or 50? 

One question that comes to my mind: should the authorities review the speed limits in some regions?

Ummm....

No comments:

Post a Comment