Saturday, April 23, 2011

Be Thankful...


Today while surfing on Facebook I came across a group that share some interesting ideas and philosophy. I got this saying from Keith Cook which I wanted to share.

I think it's in human nature to always want more and complain about what we do not have. A part of me is like that too! I keep complaining why I cannot go on holidays abroad! Whenever I see a plane flying by I want to cry.

But the first line in the pic says it all! We need to be thankful for what we have.

We should be thankful for breathing the air we have....for standing on our feet and walking....for having our hands in good condition that allows us to do whatever we have to do in our daily life be it at home or at work....for having our family...for having friends....for the colleagues we have at work....for our wonderful kids we were blessed with (though am not married and a mom yet!)...and for the every single little things that we have been bestowed with!

I have a friend who always used to tell me one thing when I would complain about futile little thingy: Mina, you must be happy with what you have and what you are....there are people who are in a worse situation than you. You are lucky you are walking...some people can't...etc etc and he would go on with loads of example to show me how lucky I am to have the life that I have. I may not have achieved everything in life but whatever I've been able to do, I should thank the almighty and simply keep going on my little road to happiness which does have its bumps....but that's life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment